Included CDW Insurance
The rental fee includes Collision Damage Waiver insurance for all of our camper vans, even the 4x4 campers. With the CDW insurance the lessee is liable for damages up to 3000 Euros. If you hold a valid credit card, security deposit is not necessary!
There is an option to purchase additional insurances from us, which will make your ring road or highland camping trip less stressful!
For those who want to buy complementary insurances we offer:
1. The Super Collision Damage Waiver SCDW (€20 per day): covers the lessee in case of damages on the car or accident. It reduces its personal risk from 3000 Euros to 750 Euros.
2. The Platinum Collision Damage Waiver PCDW (€30 per day): covers the lessee in case of damages on the car or accident. It reduces its personal risk from 3000 Euros to 0 (zero) Euros.
3. The Gravel Protection (€10 per day): the lessee is insured for any damages caused by rocks thrown on to the car which might damage the windshield and headlights. By getting this insurance the lessee reduces his self-risk from 500€ to 0€.
4. The Sand and Ash Protection (€10 per day): the lessee will be covered against possible damages caused by sand and/or ash storms. This kind of storms can cause considerable damages to the whole car including the paint, windows and lights. With this insurance, the lessee will only be liable of 750€ in case of damages. Without it, the lessee covers the cost of all repairs.
5. The Tire insurance (€7 per day): the lessee will be covered against possible damages of the tires. It covers the cost of repairing the tire or the tire itself if a new one has to be purchased. The insurance also covers the workshop cost of mounting the new/fixed tire. You will however have to change the tire yourself when you have a flat and bring the damaged tire to a workshop.
The Ultimate Kuku Campers Platinum Package Insurance
We offer the Platinum Package for those who want to be extra safe at a price of €50 per day!
P.S. With this package you save €7 per day ;)
- Platinum CDW insurance
- Gravel Protection
- Sand and Ash Protection
- Tire insurance
The Ultimate Kuku Golden Package Insurance
We offer the Golden Package for those who want to be extra safe at a price of €35 per day!
P.S. With this package you save €5 per day ;)
- SCDW insurance
- Gravel Protection
- Sand and Ash Protection
Campervan rental insurance does NOT cover:
- Reckless driving – speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Categories A, AA, AB, B, BA, C and CA. Them categories are allowed on smooth gravel roads. However, driving on gravel part of road 35 and 550 voids insurance policy! If your car is found on F-roads you will be fined 500€.
- Campers categories D, E, EA, F, G, H, I & J are 4x4 vehicles which can enter mountain roads (the F- roads). They can drive and are insured on them, except road F-88, F-210, F-249.
- Categories from point 3, can cross rivers. However, damage caused by river crossing is not covered.
- Undercarriage damage is not covered by the insurance. So, if for some reason you drive over a big rock, check for oil leakage or any damage and let us know as soon as possible. Small unchecked problems can become major ones!
- Damage due to the wind catching the doors.
- Flat tires – We rent you a camper with 5 working tires and we expect it to be back with 5 working tires. It’s the lessee’s responsibility to change the tire and get a flat tire fixed.
KúKú Campers Alert
!!! Camper BATTERY !!!
Remember to ALWAYS turn lights off when car is off - unplug chargers from cigarette lighters and go easy on radio use when engine is not running. Flat batteries happen faster than we think, and roadside assistance in that case is at lessee's cost.
Drive in Iceland and be aware
There are few minor things we want you to be aware of:
- Sheep – Be careful! – They are unpredictable beings and behave illogically.
• Damages to the farmer can cost 500€ per sheep. (Ouch...)
- Kilometers - Free mileage for you, KúKú friend!
- Brakes. When going down long hills, down shift and use the engine to slow the car down. Automatic vehicles not concerned.
- Speed limits – Highway 90 km p/h, Tunnels 70 km p/h, Gravel roads 60 km p/h, Towns 50 km p/h. Speed cameras! (have really low tolerance) Note that you will be charged € 50 processing fee if you get a fine!
- We do recommend you stay at camping sites during your stay in Iceland. Wild camping is illegal.
Check this link for the best camspites in Iceland and here you can find open Winter Campsites.
- Respect nature, she is our favorite!